I can’t help but smile when I think of Jeff - my husband, my love, my best friend. Although my heart is hurting right now and my world has been turned upside down, my heart is filled with happiness when I think of all the memories I am left with. Jeff and I lived a very full seven and a half years together. We were always looking for a new adventure, a new place to go, a new experience to add to our life together. Every experience contributed to shaping our relationship and making us fall more in love with each other, if that were even possible. Jeff and I couldn’t wait to live out our lives together.
Jeff’s first priority was his relationship with God. Joshua 24:15 says “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Jeff always began his day in God’s word, setting the tone for the day, giving himself to God.
Jeff’s next priority was his family. Jeff loved me, Dylan, and Jocelyn completely and unconditionally, in a way I admired and strive to exemplify. I Corinthians 13:4-7 says “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” Anyone who knows Jeff, knows that Jeff loved his family more than anything else and loved to spend time with his family. Our downstairs neighbor knew the minute Jeff would come home from work, because it was then, she could hear the chasing, the wrestling, the squeals of laughter – let the fun begin again!
Jeff was a strong, stable and confident man. He embraced change and embraced the unknown. When he set his mind to accomplish something, he rarely missed that goal, except, of course, when it came to Jeff’s fishing expertise. He was never able to land that keeper striper, no matter how many times he went fishing, how long he stayed, or whose pole he used. Jeff readily admitted that he was not the fisherman his brother Greg is.
Jeff was not afraid to try new things. He recently entered the writing world, with very artistic, deep, and humorous blog entries. One day, Jeff came to me and asked me what I knew about poetry. Of course, I responded by saying that I knew nothing. He then said, “I think I am going to write a poem.” Jeff wrote several poems over the past few months, never inhibited by the fact that he knew nothing about writing poetry. He put it out there and the results were astounding.
Jeff worked hard to take care of himself and his body. The past few months, Jeff frequently reminded friends and family how good he was looking. He was very excited that by the time he was 30, he had discovered his ab muscles and was transforming his two pack into a six pack!
As most of us are well aware, it takes a confident man to wear a bright pink dress shirt, and Jeff wore his with confidence and pride.
Jeff was a man of adventure, inspiration and motivation. I honor and cherish my memories of Jeff. He inspired me and encouraged me to reach my dreams and use my giftings. He motivated me to be a better wife, mother, sister and friend. I am honored to have had this life with him.
Jeff wrote in his journal recently “I may be of the working poor, but I will live richly!” And he did. Jeff proved that you don’t need money to live and experience life to the fullest.
Jeff, we celebrate the life you lived.
4 comments:
kitkat169Beautiful. You are an amazing woman of God Molly. Thans for sharing the wonderful pictures and memories with us. We too are honored to have known and love Jeff; as we are honored to know you and your family. We love you girl.
Molly, this was absolutely beautiful. You are an amazing woman and I admire you so much. I love you very much and will continue to pray for you in the coming days and months.
Much love,
Jeana
Molly, this is really beautiful. I remember being full of confidence when you two were married that you would have a beautiful and happy life together. Although I am sad that it ended so much sooner than any of us could have hoped, I am rejoicing with you at the love-filled marriage you had with Jeff. We are praying for you as you and your families take each new step. With love, Sarah (Mackin)
This is a remarkable letter, Molly. Jeff's life and testimony are amplified by your wisdom and poise. We love you and seek God's face to lead and guide our steps as we come alongside you and the kids.
Peace.
Post a Comment