
Little D here...this picture's of me and my momma. I told Mom and Dad that I wanted to get out and do things this Saturday, so I took them out to a road race - my first 5k - to benefit the Norman Bird Sanctuary. [We like to take hikes there and look at birds and animals]. So I put on my sweatband and knee socks. [I didn't want sweat running down my face while I pushed mom and dad in the jogging stroller]. I heard that great runners don't wear sneakers either...
I wasn't sure if my black sweatband fit Dad, but I let him wear it anyway so he would feel like a runner like me... 
So, I thought I was going to push Mom and Dad, but they told me to go ahead and relax for this run, since it was my morning nap time anyway. [I was kinda tired, so I hopped in the stroller]. All of us kids in strollers got a little tired of just sitting around waiting for the starting gun to go off, so we all started chatting amoungst ourselves...[So...our parents started pushing the strollers forward and backward as if revving an engine, trying to pacify us. Us little guys in strollers just kept telling them to get going and start the race already!].
Finally, the gun went off and we took off [now I don't really mean that in a fast sort of pace...maybe like a fast turtle?].
The race was great, Mom and Dad pushed me the whole way and it was a blast! I thought it would be fun to push them, but I actually really enjoyed making them sweat!
We made it! Now for refreshments! Congratulations!
No comments:
Post a Comment