Saturday, June 14, 2008

What the chukka?

International Polo Series opening day... We packed up the car and took Dylan to his first game of Polo! It was a very hot day and we baked for a bit in the sun until it started to cool off. We packed a picnic dinner and layed out the blankets and lawn chairs. Dylan sat in his little folding chair and tried to keep track of the horses flying by! We were in the front lawn, so he had a great view of the playing field. I guess Dylan found the game to be off to a slow start...he slept through the first couple chukkas on Dad's shoulder (6 chukkas per game). After feeling a little more refreshed, he enjoyed the horses running by in front of him! The game was very intense up to the very end, when finally USA beat Canada 11-10.

At half time, Dad and Dylan went onto the field to stomp divets! [I was really confused why Mom and Dad wanted me to stomp all over the field when the horses didn't feel the need to wait for a bathroom! I was barefoot! I'm not steppin' on that stuff!] Dad let me give high five to the players after the game as they rode by on their horses to acknowledge the fans. The horses were so big! I had such a great time at the game with Mom and Dad!
We finished the night off with ice cream from Frosty Freeze. Dylan enjoyed some of Dad's "playdough" ice cream - Yum!

No comments: